New Rs 20 note: The Reserve Bank of India is not yet done with the rolling out of new design notes.
After introducing new Rs 50, Rs 100, Rs 200, Rs 500 and Rs 2000 notes in the last three years, the central bank is all set to roll out new Rs 20 note in a new colour scheme. “The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue Rs 20 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor, Reserve Bank of India.
The new denomination has motif of Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base colour of the note is Greenish Yellow. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse,” RBI said in a notification on Friday.
All the banknotes in the denomination of Rs 20 issued by the Reserve Bank in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender, it added.
The image and salient features of Rs 20 denomination banknote in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series are as under:
Rs 20 Banknote Obverse (Front) Features:
1. See-through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत ‘, ‘INDIA’ and ’20’
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (20) watermarks
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
Rs 20 Banknote Reverse (Back) Features:
10. Year of printing of the note on the left
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
12. Language panel
13. Motif of Ellora Caves
14. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari.
15. Dimension of the banknote will be 63 mm x 129 mm