New Delhi: As the Rajya Sabha Started on Monday, the debate over the Kashmir issue has begun. As soon as the Rajya Sabha began, Home Minister Amit Shah proposed to remove Article 370 and reorganize J&K. This proposal has been approved by the President. Thus, the Modi government has abolished the status of a special state of Jammu and Kashmir. Thus Ladakh will now become a separate state. Along with this, Amit Shah has proposed to make both the states centralized. After the announcement of Amit Shah, the opposition was very shocked.
Ladakh, separated from Jammu and Kashmir, received status of Union Territory
The Narendra Modi government has introduced a bill to restructure Jammu and Kashmir. Ladakh separated from Jammu and Kashmir. Ladakh has given the status of a unionless state without a legislative assembly.
Amit Shah said that the people of Ladakh had long demand that Ladakh given the status of a Union Territory. So that the people here can achieve their goal. According to the report, Jammu and Kashmir has been separately given the status of a Union Territory. There will be a legislature in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Rajya Sabha updates
- Another 8,000 CRPF personnel transferred to Jammu and Kashmir.
- Lunch time was cancel in Rajya Sabha and discussions continued.
- The JDU opposed the Modi government’s decision, while the Aam Aadmi Party backed it.
- The Bahujan Samajwadi Party endorsed the Modi government’s decision.
- Jammu and Kashmir became a Union Territory, with Ladakh being separate from Jammu and Kashmir.
- Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh will now become centralized states.
- Opposition swoops in after Amit Shah’s announcement
- PDP parliament protests in Rajya Sabha by tearing his clothes.