Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad on Wednesday said that the United Nations has marked Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary with immense enthusiasm.
He later visited the Sabarmati Riverfront in the city. He reached Rajghat early Tuesday morning to pay tribute to the Father of the Nation at his memorial. President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu were also present there. Modi will be at Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, in the evening.
The Congress marked the day by undertaking padyatras — walking to the tunes of “Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram…” across the country. The ‘Gandhi Sandesh Yatra’ began from the Delhi Congress office Rajiv Bhavan at Deendayal Upadhyay Marg headed to Rajghat, about three kilometers away, with enthusiastic party workers waving flags and chanting the slogan ‘Mahatma Gandhi Amar Rahein’.
PM Narendra Modi lives on his Twitter account.
Today’s programs of Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- 5:45 Arrival and Greetings at Ahmedabad Airport
- 6:30 Minutes visit Gandhi Gandhi Ashram
- 7:00 Celebration of cleanliness day at Sabarmati Riverfront, Paldi (1 hour 20 minutes stay).
- At 8:30 pm, the Navratri Festival will be held at GMDC Ground
- 9:30 Departing back to New Delhi.